PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 8th Nov 2004, 18:40
missing lynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The damage

Just my opinion but why has there been no pictures of the damaged aircraft on the web site yet? Surley this cannot be classified information and would go a long way to dispeling all the roumors that abound.ould it be that there is no damage to the gyro at all other than some weathering from having been left in a hot humid enviroment by a pilot who was in such a hurry to get home that he failed to do even the most basic of preservation. This would explain everything with a simple flood story covering his ineptitude and give a very convenient way out. Simply dump it all on somthing or sombody else and walk away playing the part of the wounded hero.
Remember the stories of soldiers during the war who used to have mates shoot them, just enough to be evacuated back home and return as a hero and escape having to do their duty, "of course i wanted to stay and fight, it was my duty, gutted i got wounded and evacuated back home for the rest of the war" yeah right!.Wonder if they thought they were now in a good position toget a commision in the Army Air Corps?, you know,having done enough to get their name noticed.