PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EH101 Merlin
Thread: EH101 Merlin
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2004, 16:03
Visionary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong here Mr Lappos.

The EH-101 was indeed an RAF aircraft, it flew out on an RAF C-17 and was out there on an RAF trial.

The aircraft indeed flew from West Coast to East Coast. Maybe it is not a big thing to us guys in the States but maybe to the guys on the other side of the pond, who very rarely get out to the USA, who rarely get to fly in the USA and who rarely get an opportunity to do such flying it is a big thing.

Why not take it as it was, a positioning flight for an aircraft in order to meet the C-17 to get back to the UK. The fact that the aircraft did the trip over a couple of weeks and took the aircraft to CSAR units doesnt always mean that it is a sales push. The UK Squadron is the UK CSAR Sqn so why shouldnt they visit their compatriates in the USA? If the RAF guys had wanted to do it in a couple of days I am sure they could have, even the Brits have toothbrushes, Gas cards and a few charts.

The RN version was deployed in the Gulf if I remember rightly
Nick, you treat this site as an easy way to knock the US101, call it free advertising if you want.

Cyclic Hotline, obviously if the RAF are flying over here then I guess they are back to full flying status