PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EY flying hours
Thread: EY flying hours
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2004, 15:18
UAE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EY flying hours

I would just like to know if anyone is familiar with the legal flying hours within the UAE.
At Etihad the crew are working constantly up to 170 hours a month. For Example doing a LHR flight then getting back in the morning time and then that evening going to BKK and then when they get back from BKK having 1 day off and then LHR again and when they get back from LHR in the morning having BOM that evening and then BOM the following evening and so on and so on.
All the crew are exhausted with it and management I dont think seem to relise it, after alot of crew have complained and the CM's also writing reports.
One crew a few weeks ago even deployed a slide because she had gotton back from a night flight in the morning and then was operating a BOM flight that evening. But Im sure she had been already flying long hours prior to that which had knocked her body out of sorts.
All the crew are constantly tired, look tired and not able to deliver the service that is expected from management from all of this flying.

So if someone can just advise me if all of this flying is legal it would be great.