PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should the UK procure and licence build US designed aircraft?
Old 8th Nov 2004, 13:16
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Semantics and hairsplitting SS, as well you know. I read the original question as intended, I suspect, in that "UK procure" means "UK Government procure", not "Middle East Government procure".

If your interpretation of "UK procure and licence build" is "any defence aircraft made under licence by a British company, irrespective of purchaser" then why is the Blackhawk singled out as the only one in your delightful little montage? Surely you could have included all of the "British" made, licence built export aircraft if that's the way you originally interpreted it? I rather suspect that you originally made a simple mistake by including the Blackhawk picture, but don't have the testicular fortitude to admit it.

Anyway, being somewhat pedantic, WHL (more correctly the overarching company, Agusta Westland) is now effectively a wholly Italian company, not British. It's been half Italian for the past few years in fact.

VP