PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Cargo incident Sharjah 07/11/04
Old 7th Nov 2004, 20:26
A20WE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In regards to 411A comments on AAI maintenance which are getting some what tiresome …

TF-ARR maintenance facts, last C-check performed by Lufthansa 10 January 04, last A-check performed by Lufthansa 22 October 04, line maintenance on the AAI freighters operating for Lufthansa is performed by Lufthansa which I think we can agree is second to none.

From: http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/1811191/

“Qoute”

Username: IL76TD
From United States, joined Jul 2004, 146 posts, RR: 0
Posted Sun Nov 7 2004 15:40:23 UTC+1 and read 3364 times:
Just got back from the plane (I work at the SHJ airport for another cargo airline). I was putting some stuff in one of our planes when i saw the fire trucks at the end of the runway.

Analysis:
Fully loaded Air Atlanta Cargo 747-200 reg. TF-ARR (Ex LH Cargo D-ABZF) overran the runway at SHJ after blowing out both nose tires on takeoff (we felt the shock from them bursting in our office). This was at approximately 0100z.

Pictures of the Plane
http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...nct_entry=true

Result:
I just drove out to the runway to check it out, plane is approximately 50 feet off of the end of the runway, angled to the left in the dirt. The plane is definitely a total loss, the fuselage buckled slightly at the crest of the upper deck hump when the nose gear broke off in the dirt , and the left wing is broken off and wedged underneath the plane at an odd angle. Both main gear are also collapsed. The airport will be closed for 48 hours for investigation and removal of the plane. It is surrounded by security officers so i can't get any pics, but might try tomorrow, and definitely can once they remove it, which sadly may involve cutting it apart as it has no usable landing gear left. Also, the lower nose section is completely torn apart.

Crew suffered no major injuries (i saw them leave on a bus as i was arriving).

Looks like the 747 cargo leasing market just shrunk a little more. A sad end to a good looking plane.

Ask any other questions about anything i forgot, I'm going home now but will answer when i return.

“Un quote”