PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL ground school UK
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2004, 13:37
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scroggs

Apologies, I wanted to keep the post short and to the point, but I see I really should point out the exact comment I was refering to. I did not say no-one lost money to SFT's demise as Keith stated. Having lost around £2,500 myself that is hardly likely. He seems to have made that up to make me sound inconsistent, rather an unfair tactic on his part.

Keith

I understand there was at least one other possible venue that did fit the criteria your classrooms did not and was very cheap. I don't know why the decision was made in the end, but you cannot blame it on BCFT. Talk to the CAA who take vast amounts from our students but don't always help them out. If anything, ask your marketing people why BCFT is so wary of EPTA. I'm not going to get into a debate about that here.

The location of exam centres has never been a major issue with students I have known, either when I was a student or since. There was an exam centre down here, but it has not been used in my time, always a minor gripe but not the issue you seem to make out of it. Our courses are set to give a few days of revision time at the end. Most students go home for this anyway, so travel is incidental. Living costs for 2 or 3 nights are not a huge part of £40 or £50,000 of training.

P.S. Yes 24 is the maximum in the class, although more are allowed with extra staff present. However the CAA approves the facilities to be used, and checks that the classroom size is adequate, agreeing (not sure how formally) how many students can be accomodated. Our main classrooms can hold 24.