PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are the female pilots ?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2004, 11:14
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, leaving aside comments that the sky isn't pink and women burst into tears all the time, which just aren't worth replying to, whether or not they're meant seriously...
Does anybody know many women who volunteer to get dirty, or tired, or stressed, or underpaid, or work unsociable hours........for FUN???
Yes, actually. Whirlygig gave one example; there are loads more.

I still think the main reason is that most police/HEMS/SAR pilots are ex-mil, and the forces didn't start taking women as pilots till comparatively recently. There just hasn't been enough time yet. So, like I said, give it another ten years. Of course, there will always be some, like Whirlygig, who try to do it the hard way (good on ya, I would if I had any money left and/or I was a bit younger ), but not many people, male or female, can afford to do that. Especially when it's so hard to get started and get the number and type of hours required.

So there's your completely obvious answer. Why are you all complicating matters?

Unless of course you want yet another thread full of vaguely sexist banter, in which case feel free (yawn).