PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas "doing things" overseas to boost corp. profits
Old 6th Nov 2004, 07:34
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi!!!

I was one of those people on the shortlist for nearly 18 months, i was luckily offered a casual position nearly a year ago, however a point i needed to raise. We didn't go through the same recruitment process as the 3 month contractors. No offence to them, we had a group interview where they were interviewing 100 people a day for a week, then we had to have a phone interview for ten minutes and after that we had to have a panel interview which took about half an hour, all within a month, something similar to what most people went through throughout the years, once all of that was done we had a medical and then waited 7 weeks to find out if we were on the shortlist.

Speaking to someone that recruits and also recruits interviewers, the recruitment process over the last year or two has become a lot easier and from when we went through interviews, the questions and process during interviews has changed completely again. So infact the process was different, maybe similar in ways, but it was different and a lot longer!

Not annoyed, just needed to put it straight.
Good luck to everyone who is waiting or doesn't know what's going on at all!

Oz