PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swimming In The BA Pool?
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2004, 06:55
SR71

Mach 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NigelonDraft,

To those who have accepted LH LHR, I trust you do understand that at any time from now, until DoJ + 5 years, you can be posted, at BA's whim, to any fleet / base they wish (and BA have exercised this quite extensively and recently). And of course that includes during your first weeks in the company when they say - no, go sit in the 737 cockpit mockup, not the 777 - hope you like LGW...
When you say extensively, how many pilots have been affected by this re-shuffing tactic?

Justbelowcap,

But that is exactly what happened to the last lot of DEP's. They even had 747 or 777 written on their contract of employment.................but BA can (and does) do what it likes in the first 5 years. Some of these guys intended to commute from abroad and were not too chuffed. An offer of employment on the LH fleets does not mean you will be flying on those fleets. You have been warned!
(Personally I prefer SH but there you go everyone is different)
Can you confirm when this type of dirty tricks campaign last happened and in what context? I thought this happened over 4 years ago, although if true, would support the hypothesis that it might happen again...

Thanks for the heads-up.