PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do? Places to go?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2004, 15:55
wbryce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do? Places to go?

Hi,

Firstly i must thank the people of PPrune Private flying section, this was the first place i looked for information for my PPL, I first posted in this section last year for information for my PPL, now im a new owner of a PPL license!

Id like to thank Leading Edge FTO newly opened up and based at Cumbernauld, my ambition was to get my PPL before the end of this year, something that wouldn't have happened if I remained at Glasgow flying club, although the instruction was top class there too, Id like to especially thank Allan the owner of leading edge for ensuring that nothing affected my training and to ensure there was always an aircraft available. I also can't forget those instructors who also went out there way to help me, if yous read this...thanks guys.

Anyway, now that I have my PPL (not received it from the CAA yet, although the CAA where quick on taking payment!) I was wondering what sort of trips would suit a low houred pilot? Im based at Cumbernauld, and would like to do a little airfield touring. I was thinking a nice scenic flight up past Ben Nevis, loch ness and landing at Plockton or Skye! Anyone got any other sort of routes, or nice places to see from the air in and around Scotland > North England.

I've also enquired about flying the chippie at Prestwick for some tailwheel experiance, im considering this after the new year. I've also enquired about flying the air tourer at Cumbernauld to do some aerobatics and fly a new type...What sort of things did yous guys do after gaining your PPL?