PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swimming In The BA Pool?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2004, 12:37
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AB / Lost for Words...

I hate to dampen down enthusiasm, or question people's decisions.

If you are going to join BA, there is only one thing that matters - the earliest Date of Joining. It will make a lot of difference to everything thereafter - fleets, monthly rosters, time to Command etc.

Given time to Cmd as now absolute min of 10ys for SH - maybe 15, and 15+ for LH, anybody coming to BA has to be doing it for the long term. As such, it is extremely shortsighted to turn down BA for the "wrong fleet / base" lightly pencilled in as your provisonal starting point.

To the guy who turned down BA for poor Pension and time to Cmd - seems he researched everything, and made a well informed decision for his desires / circs. To the guys who turned down SH LGW - and presumably would have accepted LH LHR, I am less impressed.

To those who have accepted LH LHR, I trust you do understand that at any time from now, until DoJ + 5 years, you can be posted, at BA's whim, to any fleet / base they wish (and BA have exercised this quite extensively and recently). And of course that includes during your first weeks in the company when they say - no, go sit in the 737 cockpit mockup, not the 777 - hope you like LGW...

NoD