PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about Bush Flying
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2004, 09:45
Stephen Stark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itchy

Hard to say in Maun. To convert your licence (I have SACAA one, hope it is the same for you) You need to write an air law exam and do a flight test. This the employer will do for you, and pay for (or should), and you will likely do this on the 206 so that you can get type rated at the same time. That can be done there as there is a sattelite branch of the DCA there, or so I hear. Expect pay to be ballpark P5000 after deductions per month, and in season 40 to 50 hours a month. It is a fixed salary, very bumpy and loads of vomiting pax!

As for where the pilots drink, two places I know of are the power station (walking distance from the airport, not a bad bar at all) and the Audi Camp. There was another place but not sure what it is called. Just ask some of the boys, they can tell you. If you need accomodation and have no car, stay at Alpha One. If you have a car, or will buy one, buy a tent and stay at the Audi Camp, it will only cost you P10 per day (Around one pound). Get in with the other boys, that will help guarantee your success. I hope this was useful to you, good luck!

SS