PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any chance in PNG with 650h?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2004, 07:22
markben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BGT exams and Avgas in Rascalville

Gday Guys,

The BGT exam is still a requirement, a fellow aviator has just completed it!!! Quite difficult he tells me. The exams are all changing up here (crazy times) not even the CAA knows what is happening! This is to bring PNG into line with FAA (for some bizarre reason). Aussie rules must not have been working for the last 30 years. That was the last time my CAO's were ammended!

AVGAS is all but gonnnnnnnnnne (as Fatty would say) Nadzab now only has personal stocks Wee Wak same. Not sure about Madang, think last staff memo suggeted shell only, (didn't pay much attention, as my a/c drinks kero). The funniest thing was there was no Avtur at Hagen for sometime, you should have seen the locals trying to "top feed" a Dash from drum stocks, these guys had arms like popeye!

Fortuantely shell is back in business now so turnaround times have been restored to just slow, rather than painfully slow.

So to all those private guys planning your fly away to PNG, not only plan your LSALT's carefully but also fuel supplies at destinations.

Marker Beacon