PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You have no idea how bad it really is at the WTC
Old 15th Sep 2001, 01:52
whatshouldiuse
I had an arsehole transplant but the arsehole rejected me, which is why I write such rubbish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post You have no idea how bad it really is at the WTC

Dear Friends;

As some of you might know, I work in Newark across the river from NY City. I was alerted to the trouble on Tuesday by a colleague who came running into my office telling me that one of the twin towers was on fire. Across the river, that's what it looked like. The top 10 floors were on fire.. I commented it would be a real tough job to save those folks as ladders don't go that high. At that point I went back to my office thinking it was just a fire.

We all know what happened next.

Today, after a good night's rain, I visited the site. It was almost like walking in paint or heavy slush. I tried to volunteer to help and have a noon-4:00pm slot tomorrow at which point I will be bringing towels, deodarants, toothpaste and brushes as well as water to the NYFD and NYPD. At this point we have already lost 300 firefighters alone.

T.V doesn't do justice to the disaster site. It is almost 8-10 stories high of concrete, steel beams, plaster board and numerous other objects in the area at the time of impact including body parts (which I didn't need to see), as well as cars, buses, papers and computer parts...by no means a complete list.

Anything you could do to help would be greatly appeciated. We're hurting here right now. But, I know we'll rebuild and come back as big and as honnoray as ever. Right now though, we don't have enough of anything to even muster a decent putdown, let alone an " in your face comment".

Please help as best you can.

Thanks

Andy Morrell (Whatshouldiuse)