PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Standby for HUGE VB announcement Thursday 4th
Old 4th Nov 2004, 11:50
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting DJ737.

EK (J class admittedly) 777-300 MELSINMEL - 80 odd movies on demand, plug into in seat socket recess to activate. FOC too.

I am lead to believe over 200 on demand titles in A340-500, plus a good mix of old and new stuff on both types.

I personally cant see it as being a huge passenger drag, but who knows. Providing it doesnt rob any more personal space, it will not hurt the experience.

As for EK, if you fly them during Rammadan ask for the side of the aeroplane with the Pommy, Kiwi or Aussie ladies doing the service. Lack of food slows the others down badly.

Enjoyed the experience though. The GA business class SIN DPS was considerably amusing and totally pleasant.The landing in DPS (clear air - nil wind CAV OK) was a testament to the talents of Mr Boeing's incumbents.

Our DJ sell last accounting month was $29,000 and growing - and that is in a non DJ port. I can see it moving higher.

Hey - anything restoring a level of service on an Australian Airline these days is a plus. The way things have been going I would not have been amazed if Jetscar had announced outside toilets.

Best all

EWL