PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon and Jetstar heading for the stars
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2004, 06:08
HOBAY 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other routes from Avalon

I don't know why JQ don't transfer just one of their daily MEL-HBA and MEL-OOL services to AVV instead.

For example, there is a JQ MEL-HBA flight that leaves MEL at 8:05, then a QF MEL-HBA leaves 15 mins later at 8:20. Why not operate the JQ one from AVV, given the passenger another option. If they really have to go from tulla, they can fly QF. On the return, JQ have HBA-MEL flights at 11:05, 11:55 and 12:30. Surely not all of these have to goto MEL, why not change one to AVV. One of these services could then do a AVV-OOL-AVV or something to again, give another option. In HBAs case, it would further differentiate QF fom JQ, and open up another market linking Tasmania with Geelong and the Great Ocean Road etc.

I guess it would be too confusion for the average Joe Public though. I can imagine all over the news, Jetstar shuns Tasmania and the Gold Coast again by operating into a secondary airport!!! But if JQ could find a way to make it very clear and easy to understand that it was only one flight a day out of many, then I think it would be a good idea!