PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channex selling selling F27's,crews & engs as a package !!.
Old 4th Nov 2004, 00:32
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a former Channex Herald pilot I am both interested and saddened to hear of this bad news. Many of these F27 guys were hanging on in there to become 737 pilots with the company and now find themselves stuck in the position of being condemned to life in the turboprop world for the indefinite future.

In Channex, loyalty was a one way transaction. There is no doubt that Meeson is a hard-nosed businessman who has a long history of stuffing his employees - both high and low alike. As I have advanced onto other companies and different aircraft, I have often looked back in amazement at what passed for 'normal' behaviour from the management there. It would have been considered absolutely outrageous in every other company.

He is clearly puting all his eggs in the Jet 2 basket - a very questionable strategy. If push comes to shove he will always lose out to easyJet or Ryanair if the big fight starts as they have economy of scale on their side.

The very best of good fortune to all the F27 guys being sent off elsewhere.