PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew Money Worries?!?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2004, 00:10
Capt Hollywood
I'll get me coat......

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see. Sounds like a good deal to me, wonder if I can get my boss to go for that idea! I like the idea of working four long days a week in order to get three off. I wouldn't mind be Mr Mum either, when the time comes that is! My partner, who works for Qantas incidentally, already makes more money than I do so it would make sense for me to take the step to stay at home more with the kiddies.

To give you an idea of where us pilots start though my salary of A$53,000 is over double what our other pilots get. Yes, you heard it right, our pilots here start on about A$22,000! And that's pretty good for your first job in Australia. My salary is higher due to the senior pilot, area manager, check and training pilot and operations manager positions that I hold! When I finished my training the statistics said that for every helicopter pilot position in Australia there were 26 pilots. So you end up with pilots working for next to nothing just to get a start in the industry. I think that's why you find a lot of, not all, pilots commenting about their salaries.

Apologies to Virgin82, we've hijacked your thread a bit!

Cheers,

Hollywood

Last edited by Capt Hollywood; 3rd Nov 2004 at 00:20.