PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 2nd Nov 2004, 14:44
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree GalleyHag,

I was quite obviously crew in full uniform, so there was no intention of me only talking to them with the want of recruitment info, (not everyone wants to work for Emirates). You'd think that crew to crew, no matter what airline that there would be some sort of mutual friendship or "bond" without sounding corny. I think they were just plain rude, actually this isn't the first thing like this that i've heard about Emirates either.

If you are crew, as GalleyHag said, you are the face of the airline you work for, therefore should always present a friendly, professional image, ignoring someone that's talking to you because it's either too early or they're from another airline is simply no excuse and as said before is simply rude. I'd hate to be on one of their flights with an early departure, they won't talk to you in fear of being asked about recruitment. You are crew, a lot of people want to be crew, i'm sure most of us has had someone speak to them about this, but also a lot of people don't want to be crew and can generally just be nice.

i think EVERYONE (crew/non-crew) just needs to learn to be nicer & less self-involved. A little respect and consideration goes a long way, you'd think most of us working in a customer service role, seeing lots of nasty, rude, grumpy people all the time would make us the nicest people in the world, hmmm.

Something to think about anyway.

Oz