PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew Money Worries?!?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2004, 11:36
Capt Hollywood
I'll get me coat......

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy tiger,

I hope that Captain Bigbucks remark wasn't directed at me. A quick look at my profile will tell you I am a single engine helicopter pilot. I too work weekends, Christmas day, New Years day and all the public holidays and receive exactly the same salary as you Argusmoon. But that's my lot and I am one of the lucky ones!

At no stage was I inferring you do not deserve adequate remuneration. I was just a little amazed at the salary of the Qantas international FA's.

With that said I have done a little searching on the internet and have found the actual statements regarding the Qantas salaries.

Geoff Dixon stated at the Qantas AGM that the average Qantas EMPLOYEE earns $74,000. See HERE

The Herald Sun used that quote rather loosely and stated that the average international flight attendant (Well they are employees!) was paid $74,000. See HERE

So my apologies if I was disseminating false information. See us pilots aren't all bad!

Cheers,

Hollywood

p.s. I do have one query though Argusmoon, what do you mean by "doing family friendly flying (only two days)". Is that two days a week?