PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew Money Worries?!?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2004, 21:08
argusmoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Big Bucks

I have never encountered a group of individuals more concerned with other peoples money than pilots...They would sell their own grandmother to make an extra dollar.In forums all over PPrune pilots seem compelled to comment on Cabin Crew wages.Its as though they begrudge us getting paid at all.
My superannuable GROSS wage is $A53,000p.a which at current rates is 21,200 english pounds or$US38,000.Doing family friendly flying(no more than 2 days)I receive nothing extra except for the all important time with my wife and kids.
We all get paid according to what the industry will bear.I have no problem with what techies receive.I say good luck to them.But for God`s sake don`t begrudge me my renumeration.I spent years away from my family at Christmas Easter,Weekends.it almost cost me my marriage.A little investing here and there means the monkey is off my back and I can enjoy my family and not be concerned about the bucks.
BTW the issue with the LHR Base is not,has not,never will be about money!!!Read the appropriate thread.