PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2004, 16:03
Tokunbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny that, I was talking to their Ops postholder only a day or two ago!! I also got invited to look at their accomodation which looked pretty d*mned good to me! I don't know why the staff should be expected to do something for 'every white mans whim' - sounds like a pretty racist comment from some guy who obviously has loads of staff where he is now. The new guy told me that they haven't hired anybody as yet, though they are now starting to look. The big problem they have is that the last Chief Pilot seems to have done almost nothing on the Ops side so the new guy has a lot to do. At least he's been in Nigeria before and hasn't so far been going around upsetting all the guys in Bristow and Aero!!

As for the travel, the (admittedly few) Caverton guys I've met out and about in Lagos are all travelling super economy or business class - wish I could!

It really does sound as if the above mentioned 'ebullient gentleman' is now trying to slag off the people he couldn't do a decent job for. The only BS I heard was from him when he was busy gobbing off in various bars around town telling everyone who'd listen (usually only the once, becoz they were busy avoiding him the next time!!) what a big man he was and talking about all the people they're now supposed to be hiring