PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Instruction vs Flying at night
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2004, 21:39
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beags is bang on.

Night Instruction/Night checkouts - to be done by people who are qualified to teach at night i.e. done the one hour flight with an fic instructor!!!

I teach IMC and since the lesser requirements for instrument flying for the present day PPL kicked in, I have been really struggling getting people through the IMC course in 15hrs.

I therefore ask one of the "Normal" instructors to fly with the IMC candidates for 4/5 hours logging purely ex 19 climbs and descents onto selected headings under the hood. Quite often these flights will take the aircraft into IMC conditions with the student being totally oblivious to that fact. All legal subject to the instructor having a instrument qualification and are deemed captain

All this tosh about manipulation of the controls is just that.

If somebody needs a night checkout because they are outside the 90 days they get a flight with a night qualified instructor and log it dual they have NO CHOICE about it

Its the same arguement about P1/P1s/P/U.T., the acid test when asked by a student about how they are to log time is purely and simply "are you acting within the remit of your license?" yes - P1 no - Dual (P/U.T.)

A good example is when flying clubs have a more restrictive policy such as a 28 night currency rule. That is to say that to hire an aircraft solo they must have flown night solo within 28 days, if they do meet the currency requirement but not the club requirement then a "28 Day check" does not need to be logged as P/U.T.

Just my £0.02 's worth

FFF are you currently flying cessnas with a yorkshire accent??????