PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lax FAA Security Standards
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2001, 00:21
HIGHCONE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In all I've read, it comes back to the fact that the FAA was very well informed and did nothing of significance to prevent the obvious. They also continued to not give warning. In the case of Egypt Air 990, the funding of Bin Laden was known, but no warnings.

Even with all the acclaimed intelligence failures, the FAA had the one opportunity to stop the attacks.

I understand Tom McSweeney is out, but why is Jane Garvey (FAA Administrator) not facing a criminal indictment?

The FAA knew the problem, the Boston airport knew they had a problem, the FBI illustrated the problem, American Airlines knew they had a problem.

1. American Airlines and United will probably receive a billion dollars plus and face no litigation, if the proposed legislation goes through.

2. Jane Garvey, the FAA's Administrator, is being held harmless when she deserves a criminal investigation.

3. Jane Garvey & the FAA have been cited for safety failures in every arena; what constitutes "enough?"

I know this is a confusing time, but the focus on the terrorists is simply not enough.

Beyond the FAA failures, immediate solutions are needed to bridge the next generation of airline security.