PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are AirAsia Staff Being Screwed On IPO
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2004, 13:40
7sex7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool AA IPO,,,

Wooblah,
Now I start to wonder whether ur a pilot or an economist/analyst?U sound mo like a economist to me,,,,hahah…anyway good write ups

1)Fuel price is here to stay…Can they manage to be lowest cost after june 2005?Maybe,by using “minyak kelapa sawit”…

2)IPO-only oversub by public by 1.5-is it good sign?only by 1.5 times?N they have to lower their retail from RM1.40 to RM1.16-not a good sign I guess.Will it go up?Not now I guess,but Im sure TONY’s got some secret weapons to make it shoot up in the long future.

3)Well,talking bout load factor is a good way to paint a good picture to the public!Hey…who knows wat is yield?Not the common public,layman,makcik n pakciks…..

4)Expansion n new aircraft is the way to go if they wanna be a major player in the future n be competitive to TIGERRRGrrrr.Old aircraft might be cheap to buy,but expensive to maintain-n ur talking bout cost of spares in US dollars.Sadly,nothing is made in JINJANG!!

6)According to my sources,working condition isn’t great for the x airline ppl.But it’s a good deal for the X RMAF pilots n some other small airlines pilots.AA gives them a chance to the jet,n u don’t have to be an airline capts SON to get in!N best of it,u don’t have to be FO for 10yrs bfore u jump to the LH seat!

7)Reliable sources again,FO does the trim sheet n x chkd by capt n signed by him.So there is no compromise here.Both crew are aware of what they r doin.MH transit is only 35 mins in line stations,n they do cut it down too at times.So its just an xtra 10 mins that’s not productive,but used most of the times to chk out the cabin crew!hahah…MAS pilots,transit is the relax time-AA pilots,that’s the time to work ur a@@ out.

8)If they were to hire more experienced crew,I bet they wont be the cheapest anymo!Everythg is low- LOW COST=LOW PAY….

9)When any airlines have been just set up,the trng will be in their infancy.Same goes for MH SQ or TG.In the late 60’s+70’s,who were the trng ppl in MH?Just to remind you,AA has been around for 8yrs-since the DRB days in the green+blue livery,its just been given a fresh look n ownership by TONY.So I don’t thk DCA will close 1 eye to their trng dept even if the operator only got 2 aircraft!N the sims are coming up nex yr in KLIA ,it was in the newspaper.

10)Put a pilot there as the CEO,you will be bankrupt even faster!Just look at TOAD...Myb some pilots left for greener pastures,but the rate of leaving is even higher in MH.In MH,everybody wants to leave-thx to toad!At the end of the day….its the MOOLAH,PAISE,DUIT…period!How hi can a Malaysian co pay with the ringgit pegged??Nanti ada MINISTER marah

11)Mite be a liitle truth in it,but hey…its an open secret that its pretty common in the big boys airlines.But HATS off to AA,they did give priority to their own staff to join the cadet scheme.Half of their first batch cadets are the ops boys,stewards n from all over the depts..can u get a such thg in MAS?Dont dream if ur not a 744 capts son!

Whatever the ppl mite say,AA is good in a way.Created lots of jobs,esp for the pilots n the RMAF boys + cabin crews.Its the time for them to earn back whatever they lost financially serving the country!