PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Canada.
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2004, 21:39
justcurious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are of course, museums aplenty. Aside from nicely maintained aircraft, there are huge quantities of aircraft fanatics.
The Aerospace Museum of Calgary is one of my faves, simply because the Voodoo that used to wake me up out of a deep sleep,and shatter windows in my house, as well as the Twin Otter in which I was married, are there.
Aerospace Museum of Calgary

Canada's Aviation Hall of Fame in Wetaskawin is a great souce of insight into Canada's Bush Pilots. I never flew, thankfully any of the older unheated stuff. All my bush machines had heat, and deice.
Hall of Fame Museum

Forty minutes outh of Calgary is the Nanton Lancaster Museum. Great collection of aircraft as well as BCATP gen. Never flew any of this stuff, would cheerfully sell all my kid's toys to do it however. The Lanc that is the subject of the museum was restored to airworthy condition, and last flown at an airshow in Edmonton by the restorers without any of the requisite Transport Canada paperwork, which generated a great deal of excitement at the time. Had they waited, the aircraft might still be on the ground 15 years later.
http://www.lancastermuseum.ca