Thread: Bell 412
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2004, 17:54
Recuperator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil OMR

OMR,

I said
through your superior handling skills, knife edge reactions, you prevent ditching and after nursing your helicopter
All hypothetically speaking off course, to get to the figures for OEI flight fuel consumption and IAS in the cruise as NEO rightly helped with.

You said
My experience would have you upside down after hitting your tail on the edge, or sitting happily on the floats looking smugly at each other.
I assume that you had the latter as your experience, as very few people survive the drop from a hundred foot inverted coming of the rig after hitting their tails on the deck. I have seen the evidence of that happening, and it wasn’t pretty.

Now if you have had the “My experience” part, please share it and make a wiser man out of me and at the same time offer your OEI figures for the cruise flight home as described in the post.

Your handle, OMR, is probably not because you are a bold pilot, but rather a old pilot as I know very few old and bold pilots. Sharing your story and your experience will be highly appreciated and I could very well learn something from it.

The engines that we house are PT6T-3BF engines.

Pretty reliable in the twinpack configuration, I would say.

OMR, NEO, Pretty low on power as you would say.

I agree fully. The nice thing though of the reliability of the remaining engine is that it\'s lack of power will most probably take you to the scene of the accident/ditching...