PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to purchase 12 319's
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2004, 11:17
Whispering Giant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hudson - i would like to know where your source of this rumour is from as i doubt very much that you work company and i very much doubt that you would be told of this before anyone else.
The company are EVALUATING both 737-700's and A319's with a decision to be made before the end of the financial year.
Allthough i very much would like to see the company with the A319's even if we did have them they would not be 154 or 156 seat version's they would be fitted to 150 seats - this has 2 advantage's - 1. The passenger's would have a more generous seat pitch and 2. we would not have to increase our cabin crew compliment on the as 1 hosty is needed for each 50 seats therefore we would have the same number as cabin crew as are currently carried on the 146.
It will be sad to see the 146 go - nice a/c in it's day but unfortunatly now passed it's best and is getting harder and harder to keep them servicable and more expensive to run.
Just for comparison a 737-300 burn's only 700kg's more fuel than a 146 on a route such as EXT-AGP and carry's an extre 30 odd passenger's....

brgds
W.G