PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL ground school UK
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2004, 09:11
Keith.Williams.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALEX,

The standard EPTA groundschool price has always been in the region of £4000. This has been the case from the very first course and is still the case today.

Under the old (pre-grants system) a reduced price was charged to students who signed up for the whole groundschool/CPL/IR/MCC package. But those who wanted only the groundschool paid the full price.

Since the introduction of grants there is no requirement to sign up for the whole package. All EU students who sign up for the groundschool benefit from the grants, such that the price is vastly reduced. In effect the EU pays about half of the course price.

But the grants are provided by the EU and are available only to EU citizens. All non-EU citizens must pay the full price which is approximately £4000. I use the word "approximately" simply because I do not have the exact figures here in my home.

Evidence of all of these facts has been provided to the ASA in response to your complaint. Indications are that your complaint is about to be rejected, just as your previous complaint to the CAA was rejected. Hopefully you will then move on and start working to get the grants for BGS students.

Readers should understand that those schools which have not yet made arrangements to obtain the grants, have a vested interest in trying to denigrate the system.....until of course they are able to obtain the grants for their own students.

MARTIN
It is certainly true that ALEX and CLOWNS provide a lot of free advice and help in these forums. If you do a search you will find that I and various other people do exactly the same. This is not an indication of the quality of any particular school. We do it quite simply because we want to help students and we enjoy doing so.