PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL ground school UK
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2004, 18:35
Keith.Williams.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALEX,

As you are aware the CAA have looked at this and they are perfectly happy with it. If it were not legitimate they would have stopped it by now.

As you are also aware, our price for full time groundschool was approximately £4000 prior to the introduction of the grants. we did do a special offer at a reduced price for students who were prepared to sign up with EPTA for their entire training. But the new reduced price includes no such restrictions.

All EU students can get the reduced price even if they only wish to do the groundschool with us. If you really believe that we are as you say "trousering the money" perhaps you could explain why our price is about half that of BCFT.

If on the other hand you consider special offers to be standard prices, then presumably your offer of free courses to the pprune fund means that this is now your standard price to all students.
I must confess that it is very good value if it is true.

The simple fact is that by obtaining government grants, we are able to offer our courses at vastly reduced prices. This can only be to the benefit of students. Unfortunately this has ruffled the feathers of those schools that have tried but failed to introduce the system.

As I said earlier, hopefully all schools will eventually adopt the scheme. But I suspect that some will continue to try imply that the system is somehow illegimemate until (of course) they manage to get their own arrangements in place.

Now wouldn't your time be better spent organising grants for your own students instead of attacking EPTA. With the benefit of the grants you could probably reduce your price to a couple of hundred pounds.