PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who remembers Deci??
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2004, 13:53
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
Ah - that explains why Mirto Radar was so named! And why they were next to useless....

The only cases of Deci-belly we ever had came from eating in the crummy British mess when some grubby little erk of a chef arrived with a case of gastro-enteritis which soon affected the whole ACMI Det. Whereas I never heard of anyone suffering after a bite at Enrico's greasy spoon!

When I was there once, the Jag Det had a SqnIntess with them. She decided that the chaps needed some 'men's magazines' from the shoppette, so when she was down there buying fizzy drinks for the fridge, she gave the driver a few kilo-lire and asked him to go and buy a couple of copies of Men Only or Penthouse or somesuch. All went fine until he got to the checkout, whereupon he discovered he was a few bob short... "EXCUSE ME, MA'AM - YOU HAVEN'T GIVEN ME ENOUGH MONEY FOR THESE!!" he called in a loud voice. The whole palce fell about and the poor girl went bright pink!

She also liked to wear nice long floaty girlie dresses. One day she was standing just in front of where I was sitting with her ankles apart facing the other way (understandable!). I happened to have a camera to hand. "I wonder", thought I. So, set about 0.9 m, 1/50th and automatic aperture, switch flash on, push camera gently forward until at bottom dead centre between her ankles, CLICK, FLASH, move camera quickly away again. "What was that?" she asked. "Err, probably summer lightning. You get that now and again down here...." "Oh.."

Yes, the photo came out astonishingly well. And errm, not much in the way of silk or nylon to be seen either, it has to be said. Or webbing of any sort, for that matter.... It ended up in the 'classified' 56 Sqn photo album - I wonder what ever happened to that?