PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot arrested at Manchester (merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2004, 12:41
Zippy2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bjcc,

I understand what you are saying but I'm not talking about people like celebrities who are already in the public eye anyway. I am talking about normal people who are trying to earn a normal living being thrust into the international spotlight. For example, I now worry that when I come to work for an early start (say wake-up at around 3:30am), going through security still bleary-eyed, is someone going to report me because I have blood-shot eyes (forget the fact that everyone else does too at that time of the morning). Or when it's the time of the year when I get irritable eyes from hayfever. I am not worried about failing the tests because I know I haven't had any alcohol, but I am very concerned about the media attention that is inevitably brought about as a result of simply undergoing tests.

The good thing is that it really has caused pilots to be very careful about what they do "the night before" which is a good thing. But I can't help but think that one day I am going to get caught up in something that I cannot control, through no fault of my own!

Zippy.