PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot arrested at Manchester (merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2004, 22:50
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You splitter

You quote me, however in this case I used info from another post, which, wrongly claimed the pilot had provided a speciem below the limit. Obviously that was not the case.

You are mostly right in what you say, as I recall (and the exact numbers could be wrong) the limit for breath is 35, but police do not charge unless you actualy below above 40. There are actualy only 2 breath test speciens taken at a police station, of which as you rightly say the lower is used as evidence, the higher one is disregarded.

Now to everyone one on the 'malicious' intent.

If you believe someone on your flight is drunk, you call the Police. If, as has transpired on more than one occation, they arn't drunk, there is another explanation for thier behaviour. Would you regard it as Ok in those circumstances to be sued for slander (not liable as has been pointed out that is written). No.

The bus driver has done what you would do if you saw a man dressed in black disappearing behind a house, he called police. It is not him who has provided the evidence against this pilot, the pilot has done that himself. Just as Police called to the man in black may find he is actualy a window cleaner who thinks black makes him look slimmer, and not a burglar, would not nick him for burglary if there is an innocent explanation.

Yes, there are circumstances when malicious allagations are and have been made. A female pilot at LHR was grassed (for importing drugs) by her ex girlfriend when I worked there, the allagation turned out to be a load of B******s. These allagations are made against drivers all the time, frankly theres not much you can do about it, in any case if you haven't had too much to drink then thats the end of the matter.