PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA18-150 dem x-wind limit?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2004, 14:06
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh my God what have I started here.

Oh well I'm in it this far and I never was one to let well enough alone so let me once again offer my opinion on some comments here..

O.K. ? there will be no hurt feelings? O.K. ?

Dub Trub :

I would guess you are right, no one taught them so therein lies the reason for the lack of knowledge so prevelent in this issue.

Aerobatic flyer :

Here is my generalisation on your comments.

Maybe the problem with the pilots you were taught by "IS" because they are " Career instructors "?

May I suggest that if you teach the same thing three times or thirty thousand times and never evolve past your level of instructing with regard to proceedures ( Three point v.s. wheel landings ) you are exactly what you teach...limited in knowledge and or skills levels?

I am not a career instructor, I am a working pilot who learned to fly by working in a very broad arena of flying both fixed and rotary wing aircraft, including aerial applicating, fire bombing and many years in the High Arctic flying everything from Super Cubs to the DC6 in the High Arctic.

It is beyond my comprehension to even think that anyone could suggest that wheel landings are some kind of black magic that only the high priests of our group are capable of..

Yikes....I'm finished with this subject and will just fade into the background and wait for some other simple problem to come on the screen.

Chuck