PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot arrested at Manchester (merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2004, 12:02
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Jeez, where do some of these posters crawl out from? WTF do we have to have a discussion about 'what would happen if the bus driver was wrong'? Read the whole thread fer gawds sake! It's beginning to sound like a bunch of 'Reginald S Potters' each trying to sound more authoritative than the other.

The bus driver didn't falsely accuse the pilot and did the right thing. The consequences are there for all to see in the harsh glare of embarrassing publicity. The police were called, believed there was enough evidence to test for alcohol and were proved correct. The case has been brought and the pilot has to bear the consequences for his lack of responsibility.

If you need to find out whether there is any chance of 'libel' had the bus driver been acting out of malice then:

a) Do a google search on "libel" and try and get an understanding of the term and how it applies before you show your ignorance on here and;
b) Read the whole thread to see if the discussion hasn't already taken place.

I hope the mods can try and keep these posts remotely associated with the topic and not have the whole thread hijacked by the Reginald S Potters debating society.