PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Broadband - 500k unlimited Vs 1Mb Limited
Old 27th Oct 2004, 20:35
BALIX
I'm Just A Lawnmower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broadband - 500k unlimited Vs 1Mb Limited

I'm currently with Wanadoo broadband having been with Freeserve. The Freeserve service was unlimited at 512 kbs and costs £27-99 per month. Wanadoo will, for the time being, honour those agreements made with Freeserve but are obviously wanting to switch people to thier limited packages.

On offer is a 1mbs service with a monthly limit of 30 gb for the same price. Is this a good deal? Does the double speed make any real difference? Am I likely to reach that 30 gb limit before the end of the month? Is this 'download' limit affected by uploading?

I currently have two PCs connected to the unlimited service, one of which is used only for prooning and other surfing so I suspect it wouldn't scratch the surface of 30 gb. The other, however, is connected to a hub and is constantly transferring files both in and out, mainly video streaming.

I guess I'll get advice telling me to kick Wanadoo in to touch and find a decent ISP but I can't really be arsed changing provider. However, if the pros of limited 1MB otweigh those of unlimited 512kb I will change packages.

Thanks in advance...