PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inner Ear Infection Recovery Time
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2004, 16:20
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi EasyBaby,

Hope your ear probs are over. I have just had an inner ear infection also, nasty stuff, along with a bout of flu & a fever. So far it's been about 15 days and counting, and it's only been since yesterday that I've felt 100%.

Have a feeling I flunked terribly on one of my PPL exams, as I had got next to no study in & missed a revision class. Just be careful about your doctor, yours sounds okay but I ended up getting a second opinion - the first rushed me through in about 2 mins & prescribed antibiotics, the second checked my ears thoroughly, temp, breathing etc (I had a bad cough too) and said antibiotics were a waste of time as mine appeared to be viral, told me to have Sudafed and wait it out. (which appears to have worked far better than the pills ever did - pity as they cost me thirty bucks )

Boy ear infections suck. Anyhow, good point made about looking after your ears - I was so worried mine were stuffed and i wouldn't be able to fly, but, looking good - (still a little deaf in left ear but Im told may be a couple weeks yet before that comes back... )

Happy flying!

Sky