PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working a day off in EK
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2004, 04:41
Vagrant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello men

DK is right. EK is only now doing, what most airlines have been doing for the last 4 years, i.e. tightening their belt. 9/11, Sars came and went and affected alot of airlines terribly, some fatally. Few, EK being one, were somehow unaffected, and some say, even benefitted. Fuel prices however, attack everyone's bottom line.

I'd already completed half my career, when I joined EK not to long ago, so I can say with some authority that out there is .....SH!TE. This is still the best job going, in most respects, and there are much worse places to be trying to earn a living, than Dubai. To come on a public forum and whinge, makes us look like a bunch of spoiled brats, to those thousands who have taken serious paycuts over the last few years, or even worse, to those thousands that lost their jobs. Grow up guys!

I fully expect the EK bubble to burst sometime in the future, but until then, I'll quitely eek out a living here, knowing that it is one of the very few places left that we can do it to the standard it was in the past. For those who think differently, please have a look out there and see what's available and comparable, and then let us all know. Halas!

V