PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Happenings (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2004, 23:49
Pontious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Aeulad

Pax travelling to/from the NWUK can access Bangkok, Hong Kong, Sydney, Melbourne, Shanghai, Delhi, Mumbai, Male, Colombo, Dhaka, Tehran, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Nairobi, Mauritius and Jo'burg via the EK services to Dubai. (Sorry ,Mike! I couldn't resist that!)

Together wth Kuala Lumpu, Manilla, Jakarta, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch, Dar-es-Salam, Perth, Hyderabad, Chennai, Cochin and Peshawar...

...and very soon Beijing, Cape Town and a whole host of other destinations targetted by Emirates.( Or that!)

I can remember Qantas serving the airport years ago and as a child remember seeing Northwest(Orient) 747's regularly on Pier B. I'm not too sure if Cathay, Air Mauritius,Air Seychelles, Malaysian, Air India etc operate 'Seasonal services' to MAN but I know they've all 'dabbled' with MAN services at one time or another, as have SAA and Gulf Air but they've never stayed on the route because the PAX figures havent materialised.

As for US East/West Coasts, well that's BA for you, and their attitude of ' If we can't make any money on it then we wont let anyone else have a go.' I remember Laker used to serve LA from MAN and look what BA did to them!

It's ripe for 'Tricky Dickie' to throw a couple of his A343's 'out to pasture'at MAN with a couple of LAX's , SFO's 3 or 4 times per week. Just hope he doesn't give it to Air Atlanta.

:ok