PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 'eyeing' BFS
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2004, 23:05
Pontious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Bang Or West

They probably need extra capacity for their 'Cheap Deals' that Joe Curry spotted for the UK Winter Holidays 'Bonanza and Yes BA did have problems with over capacity on the DXB- LHR route because that service was my 'back up' plan home in case my desired EK service to MAN was full and I'd missed the 'Lufty' service to FRA.
More often than not I'd turn up at the EK Staff Check-in counter and not get on the EK service because it was full but never had a problem getting on a 50% full BA 763 or 772 and as for a 744? Well that was positively a 'Marie Celeste'!! It was harder to go LHR-MAN once I'd arrived at 'Deathrow'.
So I have experienced BA's load factors on the DXB-LHR route about twice a month since March at first hand. Maybe it will change due to the time of year blended with BA trying to flood the route with over capacity to counter EK's dominance on the service. I mean it isn't really like BA to do something like that,now is it? Especially when the competition becomes dominant on a 'bread and butter' BA route like this.

Now what were these tablets you were trying to recommend?

Aeulad...sorry...Mike.

The morning DXB-MAN is going 772/3 from early June, while the afternoon DXB-MAN is staying on the A332 UNTIL the end of the Summer programme. After that they will both be 772/3. And yes, BHX is going to revert to A332's albeit TWICE daily.

My source? I work for Emirates.

Next question?