PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working a day off in EK
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2004, 04:43
330 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy oh boy what a can of worms our dear friend AAR has opened here! I have been flying and have missed all of the fun of this thread but I think I must add my 2 fills worth.

After careful study of my previous pay for this year I have discovered an astounding fact:
OLD PRODUCTIVITY PAY PLAN
January-October= nil extra pay

NEW PRODUCTIVITY PAY PLAN
January-October=nil extra pay

Shocking is'nt it? The reason is simple. I DO NOT WORK OVERTIME! I am not here for the hours or the experience. I do not care about adding more time to the logs. I do not answer the phone on days off. If I want to work on a day off I call them on a duty day and ask if they have anything for the day I want to work. They never do. I am not taking a pay cut and I am not getting a raise. I am not wealthy, in fact I am rather poor. Regardless, I do not work overtime, and if every one else will not work overtime then it will create a need for more Captains, which will require even more first Officers. In the long run we will all be better off: F/O's will upgrade and when there are too few applicants for new first officers, the package may be improved once again. Although it seems that every time the package is improved we make less money! How does AAR do that?

I am off to the beach to look at fat Russian chicks in thongs!

Regards,

330 man