PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ba's DEP fleets
Thread: Ba's DEP fleets
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2004, 23:04
tster744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick
i'm sorry i have appear to have touched a nerve! You are way wide of the mark concerning my views on GSS. Just to set things straight...

all those folk you hold in such low regards
I do not regard GSS pilots as such! I do regard the BA/GSS management handling of the situation in such low regards - i'm sure just as you do!

All the secondees have been treated with the utmost courtesy and co-operation
Professionally yes, of course!
Personally - i have witnessed some pretty impressive outbursts from GSS co-pilots downroute - often unprovoked. I can totally understand why they are so p***sed off - but the point i was making was launching outbursts at BA pilots/interviewers certainly wouldnt aid recruitment chances...
We should both be targetting our respective displeasure at our managements, NOT each other..

why the GSS FOs are still being treated so abysmally
I quite agree with this - as do most BA pilots. This compromise deal is a LOSE/LOSE for both of us. We're not happy and you're not happy...

Other customers ARE being actively sought
Great news - i would totally support that, and good luck to you guys if it comes off, why not! BA cargo is our business however - and so we want to be flying if for our outfit - just as you do with yours...
finally
Oh, and if need be I shall personally see to it that the fullest extent of TUPE regulations will be applied, so as to ensure that GSS Captains become BA Captains and further delay your promotion, just like you are doing to so many GSS FOs.
Well i would be cheering if that were the case - as it would be a WIN/WIN for both GSS and BA pilots - all the flying inhouse on BA T'snC's and in the longterm that would be better for both of our careers...dont you agree?