PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many been to interview with app 250hrs??
Old 24th Oct 2004, 21:20
pkos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the thing that influences your chances of employment more than anything else is your attitude
The last time I had a interview with an airline was in summer 2000, ...well thats not exactly true, I had one with someone who ask me 50000€ for the TR and the job (at that time they dont even had planes!).

If I only could get an interview only once every two years, I would be a lot more optimistic. The equation is very easy to understand "The more chances you have = The more optimistic you are". In other hand, if you havent done any interviews (this is the situation of a lot of guys)... if you are still optimistic, may be you have a mental disorder.

I declare that I am pesimist (I rather say Im realistic). The reason is because after trying the last 5 years to get a honorable pilot position (I do not ask for an airline job, just something that let me live a middle-class lifestyle)... after send my CV to several hundred companies... I only could get two jobs (in general aviation)... yes, I know I was fortunate, at least Im flying, there are a lot of guys they will never have such opportunity.

There are a lot of people, with a lot of different stories... but I convinced in one thing "Like everything else in life, you can do a lot to get your dream come true to be an airline transport pilot... but the 75% of the chances to reach that goal only depends on your LUCK"

have fun