PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working a day off in EK
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2004, 18:55
bound_for_dubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well its pretty evident. There are two groups here. One of the group consists of pilots who have moved to Dubai to "better" their lives, maybe even their pay. They are the ones that will keep their mouths shut to keep their jobs and food on the table for their families.

The second group is your ex-BA, Virgin and major airline cowboys, who took a massive paycut, to inconvinience themselves in coming to Dubai. They were spoiled by unions and laws that protected them in their own country and think they can come to Dubai and change whats obviously a trend for the airline. They are the " I can't retire on $200,000 a year" group, the "lifes not fair" bunch. Nothing pleases them and they should not be a deciding factor on whether or not you decide go to Emirates.

For the North Americans, we know how hard it is to get a good job, and for us, Dubai is a dreamland. For the Euro guys, its a rat hole, the queen mother herself would have a heart attack if she had to visit Dubai.

Good luck!

Regards,

BFD

PS I am not an Emirates pilot, I will make that clear, cause the old grumpies hate it when someone thinks I am, so to save them from a heart attack I'll tell you myself.