PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - reject for dog on runway
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2004, 15:58
Canuckbirdstrike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt. Claret:

Thanks for updating me on the requirements in Australia. I obviously missed this information. my only defence is that I did the book research on this issue in late 1999 and either missed it - easily done, or the rules have changed. This shows a very positive attitude to safety issues. I wish other jurisdictions would see it the same way.

Now I do understand from some contacts in Oz that you have had some interesting incidents with kangaroos and airplanes...

DerekWarriorI:

Good one - perhaps the National Enquirer will do a story on spontaneously exploding deer. The issue is the large deer population increases over the last 10 - 15 years - lots of food few if any natural predators and a public that doesn't like people to "shoot Bambi" either directly or indirectly restricting the ability to increase hunting season length and kill limits.

Stangely enough what may help us is the fact that the automobile insurance companies are complaining abiut all the damage being caused to cars by deer and they seem to have a powerful lobby.

Now if we could make them spontaneously explode.....