PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MK Airlines B747 crash at Halifax
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2004, 05:07
Flywell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree and disagree with some of the previous postings.
I feel MK is a success(to a large extent). As one posting put it, they go where most fear to tread and maybe the swiss cheese affect isn't always their fault. These guys fly to some way out places with little or no experience as to what to expect. They learn some harsh lessons as they go but at the end of the day they get the job done.
Now you have to ask why do they get the job done???
First of all they are mostly Zimbos who have lived their whole lives having to make a plan. Second they are hard working and have a pride in doing a good job. This maybe comes from a lot of the crew being ex military with a good discipline. The third reason is they have no choice but to do the job or else they don't get paid.
Lets face it MK exploit and have done for a long time the good will and hard work of the crew. I'm sure if we took at look at where all the top management of MK live and what they earn compared to average Joe the pilot we'd be horribly shocked but not surprised. I bet they don't get paid by the hour!!!
I feel it's time for the crew to stand up to MK now. I know this is easier said than done but surely they'd be better off in the long run.
How does the owner of MK sleep at night??? How does he manage to look his staff in the face knowing that by pushing them the way he has he's created a very sad state of affairs.
Maybe top management should face up to facts and stop living a dream. This might help really get things on track and put MK where it deserves to be after all the hard work put in by exploited memebers of staff (not just crew)
I really hope that one day all who have put so much into the airline reap at least a small reward.... They truely deserve it!!!