PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reapplying for cadet
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2004, 05:59
FlyingMoggy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry this is FlyingMoggy, for some reason i cannot post with the other account. I appologize for the informally structured posts previously, as i've said i'm currently on break so its been months since i last wrote anything formal. I don't mean to disrespect anyone with a diploma, i do not know the situation overseas but in Australia or more precisely down at Melbourne CBD district a bachelor means a lot more to most major company. Many of my friends from my first high school did not get through VCE so they never went on to study a bachelor degree however they were able to achieve diploma status. While talking to them online sometime back they told me that major firms actually replied by telling them there were applicants with bachelor title and suggested my friend to obtain one himself before he applies again. This was some engineering position down at Altona Toyota factory. This may not be the case in your country but most the job advertisements here in Australia requires a bachelor title or at least most the decent paying positions.

I grew up in Australia and from all i learn and see if i want a good job with high pay in Australia the correct road is obtaining a bachelor title then maybe a master. I think some of yous should consider my position before just abusing me. In Melbourne slightly over half the high school grads gets into bachelor degree. That equates to a large amount seeking jobs with bachelor titles so i cannot see a diploma grad getting ever getting a job in prefernce.

This title discussion of course has nothing to do with applying for cadets. I attended the interview after only one year in my course which means i don't hold any sort of titles yet.

Didn\'t see you post before i clicked submit, but hey i was always good at drawing attention and escalating issues lol