PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Safety Evenings
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2004, 18:26
ChampChump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like others above, I have attended several evenings over several years. The first was interesting, informative and useful. Subsequent years were those under the 'new' aegis and even allowing for some deja vu, I felt increasingly patronised.

At one, the first part dragged on too long for the guest speaker to do more than say hello. At another, technical problems with AVAs delayed the proceedings with similar effect and at the last one I went to, the presentation was, frankly, dreary. I had rounded up some people to attend; as first time attendees their reaction was surprisingly negative. I had hoped that the disappointing evenings were just aberrations, but it seems this is not the case.

I know there has been feedback to Mr Cockburn more eloquent than mine. I would merely make the point that variety of content and a rather more dynamic presentation are factors that might attract more pilots - and more than once.

Still willing to learn, I shall inevitably attend another evening soon, but more in hope than expectation.

Now I feel bad about being so negative regarding a worthy cause.
I shall go and re-read Gasco & Gasil immediately.