PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rocket men face jail for Bonfire Night aircraft threat
Old 22nd Oct 2004, 16:23
Iron City

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the U.S. the big night is July 4th ( guess you could call it an ethnic festival )

Fireworks are regulated by the fire marshall in indvidual municipalities, by state law and federal regulation. The only people in my area (near IAD) that can shoot off anything like what you are talking about that have a prayer of reachingan aicraft on approach or harming one physically (nothing about the flash bang scareing the living bejesus out of the crew) are licensed professionals. Sales locally are tightly controlled and the only people who can make much noise are the ones who went early on to West Virginia or Ohio and got the really good stuff. So even though the fun police have this all tightly controlled I, as an adult unconvicted of anything criminal, can go buy a gun (so long as it is not automatic) and openly carry it wherever I desire except some court houses, schools, actually inside the IAD terminal (but it is okay in the parking lot!)

Is this a great country (but slightly screwed up) or what.