PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One of the final nails
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2004, 11:10
Icarus2001

Received 256 Likes on 112 Posts
Islander Jock
Might be cheaper though than paying fines for non compliance with legislation. Geeesus H C! give me a break.
An interesting point you raise. If they intend to enforce this patently unsound legislation they will need a "man on the ground" actually checking aircraft at regional airports!

Given that CASA staff find it difficult to drag themselves out of their offices as they are sooooo busy it clearly will not be their job. So who will do it?

A piece of legislation that cannot be enforced is a poorly constructed object of derision. Look at some of the rules that are ignored every day and one even attempts to enforce them. How many aircraft at Bankstown, Archerfield or Jandakot start their engines almost in the hangar or on top of another aircraft? Earthing points, line up by 500 metres from perimeter of airport etc etc

The person who presumably must check these locks & security items would also need some legal authority to enter an aircraft if it was parked with sun screens up and locked. A lawyers dream don't you think.

Mr Dotars: Unlock your aircraft and show me your security lock.

Mr AOP: No I am busy.

Mr Dotars: Pretty please...

Mr AOP: Go away.